Product temperature monitoring
When producing food and serving meals, proper heating and temperature of the food play a key role. This is important in controlling the formation and spread of bacteria and during the food processing process as well as in controlling the temperature of the ready-to-eat product.
- Measurement directly during the production process or after food preparation
- Guarantee of the appropriate, required temperature, taking into account the formation of bacteria and germs, as well as "internally defined" quality specifications (e.g. when heating chocolate, be careful not to heat it too much / too quickly)
Temperature measurement during storage
In the food sector, the cold chain should be constantly monitored and verified. Part of the control should include checking the temperature of the goods during storage. Food temperature has a key influence on the formation and spread of bacteria. That is why constant food control is necessary to ensure the highest possible safety and quality of goods. Both random mobile measurement and stationary measurement are used to monitor the stored goods.
Measuring the temperature of products during storage ensures that the temperature of the goods complies with the specifications and applicable regulations. This will show whether the products are fit for use and further processing or consumption. It is important that the cold chain is preserved.
In order to make a contact measurement, a measurement is used between packages (cartons, frozen food) and inside the product. For measuring the inside of frozen food, the food probe part number 0603 3292 is ideal
This applies both to the storage of food in cold stores and freezers, as well as in refrigerated trucks and refrigerated display cabinets in shops.
Advantages of the testo 108 thermometer:
- Ease of use
- Waterproof meter and probe (IP 67)
- HACCP and EN 13485 compliant
- Versatility of use
Temperature measurement - Type T (Cu-CuNi);
- Measurement range: -50 to + 300 ° C,
Accuracy: ± 0.5 ° C (-40 to -20 ° C),
- Accuracy: ± 0.2 ° C (-20.1 to + 70 ° C),
- Accuracy: ± 0.5 ° C (+70.1 to + 125 ° C),
- Accuracy: ± 0.4 ° C ± 0.5% of the measured value (+125.1 to + 300 ° C),
- Resolution: 0.1 ° C.
Response time: 10 seconds (in liquid),
Measurement speed: 0.5 seconds,
On / Off / Auto Off after 10 minutes,
Power supply: 3x AAA alkaline battery (LR03),
Battery life: 2500 hours (at + 23 ° C),
Storage temperature: -30 to + 70 ° C,
Display type: LCD.
Housing: ABS plastic, ABS-PC fiberglass.
Protection class: IP67 (with connected probe from the kit).
Complies with EN 13485 and HACCP.
- Instrument length: 140 mm,
- Instrument width: 60 mm,
- Height / Thickness: 24.5 mm,
- Weight with batteries without case: 0.150 kg;